29.5.05

Sao Paulo has the biggest Gay Parade of the world

Today, in Sao Paulo, we had the Gay parade at Avenida Paulista, one of the most important avenues of the city.
According to Folha de Sao Paulo, one of Sao Paulo's most renomated newspapers in Brazil, around 2.5 million people went today to Avenida Paulista. This parade is more than two times bigger than the one that happens every year in Toronto and San Francisco (they both had about a million people last year).

I really wish I could had been there...I would had loved it for sure!

If any of you went today, please tell me how it was!!!!

There were also around 24 huge cars (sorry, but I don't really know the name in english...in portuguese is "trio eletrico"), with DJs playing techno on the top of them...the party started at 10 am and ended around 10 pm...I saw some pictures and was amazed with the number of people that actually went.

Maybe Brazil is becoming more open-minded...I surelly hope so since there is no point on not respecting other people's choices. Right now I feel really proud of my country...and it's not because of the soccer, beautiful women (????) , samba or carnaval... I am proud because people are beginning to understand that if you like people that are from the same sex as yours, you are not a freak or someone unworthy of respect.

Nenhum comentário: