13.7.05

A tip for you that is planning on coming to Montreal

Hello everyone!!! Comment ca va? How are you?
It's been a while since I actually sat down and wrote hugh! I have to say that the heat of Montreal is killing me...I know that right now is cold back home, but you guys should wait until gets cold over here...then who will be receiving e-mails with complaints will be you...
Talking about complaints...I just have to tell you what happenned yesterday...
Well, I decided to go to CAFE CAMPUS with Carol, Leandro and Felipe (all of us brazilians...just for a change...) and when we got there, the boys were already in line...we got in line with then, but a minute later, one of the security guards of the place came and in the worst manner ever told the boys to leave...Leandro and Carol went to the end of the line and I stayed there with Felipe.
We are so used to getting in line with our friends in Brazil that we didn't even realize that here it would be a big deal...well, even though the security guard was rude, we understood that this wasn't right and just stayed there waiting to get in.
But, five minutes later, one of them came again and said that would take like an hour to get into the club, since it was already full of people. After that, Felipe got out of line for a second to go find the others to see if we should stay there or not, because we all had to study the next morning...
I called him back and asked him to stay, because I didn't want to stay in line bymyself...I think it has something to do with the regular paranoia and fear of violence that we are used to in Brazil...he came back and as he did that, the same security approached us and in an even worse way, he started to scream and kicked us out of the line, humilliating us in front of everyone...
I got so mad, I had never been treated like that in my life! You would think that they should be at least polite to the customers but they simply don't care...what is actually funny, since we are the paying ones and in order for them to keep their business open, they need to have customer's attendace...hm...
In any moment we were rude to him or raised our voice, and during the whole time, all we got was a bunch of screams and even swearing from him...and in the end he even said: This guy is not getting into my Bar tonight!
Well, I have to tell you that Brazil's clubs are much better in providing a service than Canada's...
So, if you want to be well treated, feel welcome and have a good time, CAFE CAMPUS is not the place you should be going to...
I miss you all a lot! Beijocas (bises, kisses),
Pa

4 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

Most of those lines are maintained artificially, to create an impression of the club being popular and people lining up to get in. I feel disgusted about the whole club culture lately, to the point of NEVER standing in line to any club. You are, after all, standing in line to pay mad money for flat drinks, seeing sweaty kids grinding onto each other and obnoxious music that you can listen to at home if you ever wished to. On the other hand, it might just be a sign of me getting old(er).
Ciao, Vlad.

Paola Chusyd disse...

I think you are absolutelly right, and not that you are getting old or older...your explanations are correct, but I just think that the minimum they had to do, eve with the huge line, is treat their customers well...
I've been getting sick of it also, nothing like having your friends over to have some fun, hugh?
:)
Hey, next time, leave me your e-mail.

Anônimo disse...

vlad.ts at gmail.com

I have a few pics I could send you :))

Paola Chusyd disse...

Hey Vlad, I wrote you, did you get my e-mail? I want the pictures! You can send them to: paolachusyd@terra.com.br